Tuesday, March 5, 2019

Enterprise Rental


Warning!!

From February 9-16 I rented a car from the Prattville, AL Enterprise rental establishment.  Shortly after driving away from picking up this vehicle, I noticed a small crack in the windshield on the passenger side of the car. I incorrectly assumed that Enterprise had also noticed the crack, but because it was so small, they had elected to rent it to me anyway.  When I returned the car, the crack had expanded to roughly 6 inches in length.  I pointed this out to the Prattville, Al Enterprise office upon returning the car and I was informed that since I had driven the car, it was my responsibility to pay for having the windshield fixed!

I have been a life-long Enterprise Plus member and I was shocked to hear that I was responsible for repairing the cracked windshield when it was already cracked when I rented it!  Clearly, this was not what I had expected from Enterprise.  This post is to inform and warn all my followers of Enterprise’s policy on damage to their vehicles. 

I rented the car as a means of transportation because my brother had passed away on February 6th in Richmond, Virginia, but was to be buried in Western PA.  It was very cold in PA (in the 20’s) and to my surprise the windshield wiper fluid actually froze, making it necessary to stop every few miles and clean the windshield by hand.  In addition, the wiper blades were in poor condition and just caused streaks on the windshield.  In spite of these conditions, I needed to continue on my trip to have my brother’s body cremated and then driven to PA for burial. Because of the problems with the fluid and the wipers, my bill was reduced by 15%, but unfortunately, because I was blamed for the cracked windshield, my bill was increased by $227!

This is a sad day for me because I have always held Enterprise above all of the other car rental businesses, but to my dismay, I was woefully wrong!  I want all of my followers to be on-guard and aware of Enterprise Rental’s policies when it comes to events such as this.

Very sad day,
Bob Sproull

No comments: