Saturday, February 9, 2013

Thanks for all of your kinds words.....

I want to thank everyone for all of the kind words I have received over the past several days.  Your emails really meant a lot to me and helped me through this difficult time.  Today we buried my sister and I have to say the service today was the best I have ever been a part of.  Deana, my Downs syndrome sister was indeed a very special woman and based upon the turn-out these past three days, she had many friends who loved her.  Deana was an avid basketball fan and went to every game while her health was good.  Last night 10 former high school basketball players all showed up to pay their final respects to Deana and told us that since Deana was always there for them, they had to be there for her.  The voluteer fire department, all 20 of them, also showed up and paid a tribute to her.  It was all so touching.  The funeral director delivered the final sermon for Deana with tears running down his face.  Deana will definitely be missed...........

Bob Sproull

No comments: