Thursday, June 11, 2015

Finally Home from Australia

My wife and I are finally home from Australia and I must say the trip back home was even longer than the trip to this wonderful country.  We left Australia at 10:00 AM on the 9th of June with a scheduled arrival in Atlanta at 5:30 PM on the 9th.  As we were preparing to land in Atlanta, there were severe thunderstorms happening and the pilot was asked to circle the airport until they cleared.  Unfortunately, there was a problem with the amount of fuel so the flight was diverted to Knoxville, TN to refuel.  As it turned out, my wife and I didn't make it home to Kennesaw, GA and in bed until 10:30 PM.  Needless to say we were both exhausted.

My presentation at the Manufacturing Week symposium was very well received as were my four workshops in Melbourne and Sydney.  In fact they were so well received that I am invited back again next year for a repeat.  I was also told that on July 15th I will be facilitating a Manufacturing Bootcamp in Port Huron, Michigan and then in Minnesota on July 16th.  I'm not sure where the Minnesota venue will be, but stay tuned to the ECi M1 website for details.  Here is a link to my blog postings on their website:  http://manufacturing.ecisolutions.com/blog/posts/2015/april/whitepaper-the-ultimate-improvement-cycle.aspx

This posting is one for a whitepaper I've written on my integrated TOC, Lean and Six Sigma improvement methodology.  As I've explained in a past post, I have never been associated with a company before that is as focused on their customer base as ECI M1 and it is a pleasure being associated with them.

Bob Sproull

No comments: