In the next several blog posts, I will be interviewing Rajeev Athavale about a new series of books he has just unveiled. I have finished reading the first one and I have to tell you, if they are all as good as this first one, which I'm sure they are, I highly recommend these books to everyone who wants to improve their business and organizations. Here is the link to those interested: https://leanpub.com/u/rajeevathavale
Bob: First, I want to welcome you to my blog. I think it's time that people learned much more about you and your excellent writing style.
Rajeev: Thank you Bob.
Bob: So tell my readers a bit about your new book series.
Rajeev: I have published three series of TOC eBooks viz.
- TOC Learner’s Guide (TOCLG)
- Echoes of TOC (eTOC)
- TOC Do It Yourself (DIY) kit.
Bob: Tell me very briefly as to what readers will get from these eBooks?
Rajeev: The three books are very much related.
- TOCLG series will imbibe the core of TOC and its applications.
- eTOC series will give insight into the wisdom gathered by TOC Gurus and help to mature the knowledge gained by reading TOCLG series.
- TOC DIY series will give step by step guidance for implementing TOC applications.
Bob: What do the eBooks contain?
Rajeev: Learner’s Guides (TOCLG)
- Theory of Constraints (TOC) Basic Concepts and Decision Making: This eBook explains the basic concepts of Theory of Constraints (TOC). The eBook discusses in detail the Five Focusing Steps. It defines the basic measurements prescribed by TOC and shows how to use them for decision making.
- Theory of Constraints (TOC) Application for Manufacturing: This eBook discusses the problems faced by manufacturing industries and shows the causes that are responsible for these problems. It explains in detail, TOC’s application for Manufacturing i.e. Drum-Buffer-Rope (DBR) and Simplified-Drum-Buffer-Rope.
- Theory of Constraints (TOC) Application for Projects: This eBook discusses the problems faced by Projects organizations and shows the causes that are responsible for these problems. It explains in detail TOC’s application for Project Management i.e. Critical Chain Project Management (CCPM).
- Theory of Constraints (TOC) Application for Distribution: This eBook discusses the problems faced by Distribution system in most companies and also shows the causes that are responsible for these problems. It explains in detail TOC’s application for Distribution system.
These eBooks contain several Figures, Tables, Diagrams, Pictures, Charts, Graphs, Examples, Quotes, Exercises and Games as appropriate. At the end of many chapters, a very brief summary is provided under the heading “Points to Ponder”.
Each of these eBooks has about 25 Multiple Choice Self-assessment questions. They help the readers to assess the knowledge gained by reading these eBooks. This eBooks series is an excellent guide for those who want to learn TOC and its applications.
Bob: Thanks very much Rajeev.
In my next blog post, we'll continue our interview with Rajeev. I encourage you all to get yourself a copy of these books, especially if you're new to TOC.