Bob and Bruce
5.0 out of 5 stars Am I Epiphanized? You bet..,
September 27, 2012
Amazon Verified Purchase(What's this?)
This review is from: Epiphanized: Integrating Theory of Constraints, Lean and Six Sigma (Paperback)Epiphanized: Integrating Theory of Constraints, Lean and Six Sigma
Through Epiphanized, Bob Sproull and Bruce Nelson have empatically sent out a message to all those who are considering to adopt TLS as their business philosophy that
- TLS implementation is extremely simple. SIMPLE does not mean easy, just SIMPLE.
- TOC adoption can be jeopardised if complexity is mixed in the implementation knowingly or unknowingly. Guard against complexity.
- Since the possibilities / potential to grow has no limit, there is an element of faith. Believing is seeing to begin with. The initial results would reveal the counter intuitive logic of few thumb-rules:
- Going slow to deliver fast result
- Holding inventory closer to the source to reduce overall inventory
- Removing deadly spell of cost-control to achieve ultimate cost control
- People are good, they are sometimes driven by wrong assumptions
- When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.
This is an excellent novel. As a deserving disciples of Dr. Eliyahu Goldratt, this novel could well be named "Isn't it obvious? - Part II".
I am sure this book will become a recommended read just like the iconic "Goal".
Avenir Management Services